With Google Podcasts, you can play the latest episodes from your favorite shows, explore podcast recommendations just for you, and manage your listening activity.
Discover podcasts that you'll love
• Subscribe and listen to all your favorite podcasts.
• Explore show and episode recommendations just for you.
• Browse popular and trending shows in comedy, news, history, music, business, TV & film, education, health & fitness, technology, arts, science, sports and more.
Customize your listening experience
• Listen at faster playback speeds or skip over silences.
• Queue up episodes for a seamless listening experience.
• Easily keep track of your listening history, downloads and subscriptions.
Listen wherever you are
• Listen on multiple devices – phone, laptop, smart speaker – without losing your place.
• Stream episodes for instant playback or auto-download episodes to listen offline and on the go.
• Discover podcasts using Google Search and Google Assistant.
This release includes bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Works great after reinstall
Reinstall fixed all my problems. No more crashes.
Precious 3-star review:
I moved to Google podcasts from Apple podcasts because playlist was not working. Google requires me to add each episode to playlist manually, which isn’t ideal but still better than Apple. But my app keeps crashing. I start a podcast, put phone in pocket, and 30 seconds later playback stops. I’m not accidentally hitting stop, because I cannot press play from control center. The podcast app has closed and I need to re-open and press play again. I’ll uninstall and reinstall this app before finding a new podcast player.
Sometimes doesn't play minimized or with screen off
When my screen turns off or I minimize and open another app...playback stops basically rendering the app useless to all listeners except those dedicated to staying transfixed to their podcast's episode description...and ensuring their phone's screen never turns off.
With billions in profit every quarter, you'd imagine they could afford afford QA testing... Come on Google, I use Google Podcasts so my listening is seemless across my phone and my Google home speakers...but this is NOT seemless.
Also, when we have a playlist built up, when we double tap on a playlist item...it should start playing the item...not take us to the podcast show page. How is that not obvious? You guys need proper UI experts on your dev team! Not everyone has to be a dev.
Download Management Needs Work
The Auto Download feature does not work, no matter what settings I use. Also, episode organization is really frustrating because it doesn’t tell me how many episodes of the same show I have downloaded. Every episode is a single item on the list. What if I have two episodes of the same show in one week? They should be together, not spread apart between five other shows I have coming in in between those two.
App is functional otherwise, just frustrating when you keep up with a lot of shows like I do to have to manually download each episode, AND have to scroll down through singular episodes of the same show from my Downloads list.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 56.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Armenian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Macedonian, Malay, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Google, Inc