About the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) Series
The Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR ) series is prepared by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Often called “the voice of CDC,” the MMWR series is the agency’s primary vehicle for scientific publication of timely, reliable, authoritative, accurate, objective, and useful public health information and recommendations.
MMWR readership predominantly consists of physicians, nurses, public health practitioners, epidemiologists and other scientists, researchers, educators, and laboratorians.
All material in the MMWR series is in the public domain and may be used and reprinted without special permission; citation as to source, however, is appreciated. Questions or comments about the MMWR Series can be sent to [email protected] or to the following:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Road, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30329-4027
MMWR Series: 2021 Journal Impact Factors (Journal Citation Reports, 2022)
- Recommendations and Reports – 36.286; ranked 4th
- Weekly – 35.301; ranked 5th
- Surveillance Summaries – 29.095; ranked 6th
- All ranked out of 210 journals in the subject category of PUBLIC, ENVIRONMENTAL & OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH.
MMWR Series: 2021 Scimago Journal Rank
- Recommendations and Reports ‒ 25.045; ranked 5th
- Weekly ‒ 16.513; ranked 24th
- Surveillance Summaries ‒ 10.129; ranked 62nd
- All ranked out of 27,339 journals.
MMWR Weekly: Google Scholar h-Index (2021)
- h5-index:141; h5-median:274
- Ranked 82nd of top 100 publications overall
- Ranked 1st of top 20 publications in Epidemiology.
- More than 190,000 electronic subscribers
- The journal site receives more than 17 million page views (CDC Web Statistics).
The MMWR series of publications is identifiable by the following ISSN numbers:
|MMWR Recommendations and Reports||1057-5987||1545-8601|
|MMWR Surveillance Summaries||1546-0738||1545-8636|
*Electronic version of the publication