Bristol - Weather warnings issued14-day forecast
Forecast - Bristol
Day by day forecast
- Today,Sunny and a gentle breeze,High33° 91°Low17° 62°,Wind speed9 mph15 km/h9 mph15 km/hNorth Easterly
- Friday 12th AugustFri 12th,Sunny and a gentle breeze,High35° 96°Low17° 63°,Wind speed11 mph17 km/h11 mph17 km/hEasterly
- Saturday 13th AugustSat 13th,Sunny and a gentle breeze,High35° 94°Low19° 65°,Wind speed10 mph16 km/h10 mph16 km/hNorth Easterly
- Sunday 14th AugustSun 14th,Sunny and a gentle breeze,High33° 91°Low17° 63°,Wind speed10 mph17 km/h10 mph17 km/hEasterly
- Monday 15th AugustMon 15th,Thundery showers and a gentle breeze,High26° 79°Low16° 61°,Wind speed12 mph19 km/h12 mph19 km/hSouth Westerly
- Tuesday 16th AugustTue 16th,Sunny intervals and a gentle breeze,High24° 75°Low14° 58°,Wind speed12 mph19 km/h12 mph19 km/hSouth Westerly
- Wednesday 17th AugustWed 17th,Light cloud and a gentle breeze,High23° 73°Low14° 57°,Wind speed12 mph20 km/h12 mph20 km/hNorth Easterly
- Thursday 18th AugustThu 18th,Light cloud and a moderate breeze,High22° 71°Low15° 58°,Wind speed13 mph22 km/h13 mph22 km/hWesterly
- Friday 19th AugustFri 19th,Light cloud and a moderate breeze,High21° 69°Low14° 57°,Wind speed17 mph27 km/h17 mph27 km/hWesterly
- Saturday 20th AugustSat 20th,Light rain and a moderate breeze,High20° 69°Low14° 57°,Wind speed17 mph27 km/h17 mph27 km/hSouth Westerly
- Sunday 21st AugustSun 21st,Light cloud and a moderate breeze,High20° 68°Low13° 55°,Wind speed17 mph27 km/h17 mph27 km/hWesterly
- Monday 22nd AugustMon 22nd,Light cloud and a moderate breeze,High21° 69°Low13° 55°,Wind speed16 mph25 km/h16 mph25 km/hWesterly
- Tuesday 23rd AugustTue 23rd,Light cloud and a moderate breeze,High21° 69°Low13° 55°,Wind speed15 mph24 km/h15 mph24 km/hWesterly
- Wednesday 24th AugustWed 24th,Light cloud and a moderate breeze,High21° 70°Low13° 56°,Wind speed14 mph22 km/h14 mph22 km/hWesterly
Hour by hour forecast
BBC Points West weather
Updated Monday to Friday only
Today will be another dry and fine day with lots of sunshine throughout. It will continue to be very warm or hot for many.
Tonight will be dry with mainly clear skies throughout. Another warm night.
Observations - Almondsbury
- Humidity: 52%
- Visibility: Good
- Pressure: 1029mb, Falling
Met Office warnings issued for Bristol
Amber warning of extreme heat
Started at: 00:00 BST on Thu 11 August
Ends: 23:59 BST on Sun 14 August
A hot spell will develop across parts of England and Wales later this week. - Adverse health effects are likely to be experienced by those vulnerable to extreme heat - The wider population are likely to experience some adverse health effects including sunburn or heat exhaustion (dehydration, nausea, fatigue) and other heat related illnesses - Some changes in working practices and daily routines likely to be required - An increased chance that some heat-sensitive systems and equipment may fail. - More people are likely to visit coastal areas, lakes, rivers and other beauty spots leading to an increased risk of water safety and fire-related incidents. - Some delays to road, rail and air travel are possible, with potential for welfare issues for those who experience prolonged delays
Issued at: 09:59 BST on Tue 9 August
About the Met Office Weather Warnings
The Met Office issues weather warnings when severe weather has the potential to impact the UK.
The Met Office issues warnings for rain, thunderstorms, wind, snow, lightning, ice, extreme heat and fog. These warnings are given a colour depending on a combination of both the impact the weather may have and the likelihood of those impacts occurring.
For more information, see the Met Office Weather Warnings Guide.
Weather Warnings Key
Extreme weather is expected. Red means you should take action now to keep yourself and others safe from the impact of the weather. Widespread damage, travel and power disruption and risk to life is likely. You must avoid dangerous areas and follow the advice of the emergency services and local authorities.
There is an increased likelihood of bad weather affecting you, which could potentially disrupt your plans and possibly cause travel delays, road and rail closures, interruption to power and the potential risk to life and property. Amber means you need to be prepared to change your plans and protect you, your family and community from the impacts of the severe weather based on the forecast from the Met Office.
Severe weather is possible over the next few days and could affect you. Yellow means that you should plan ahead thinking about possible travel delays, or the disruption of your day to day activities. The Met Office is monitoring the developing weather situation and Yellow means keep an eye on the latest forecast and be aware that the weather may change or worsen, leading to disruption of your plans in the next few days.
Our favourite Weather Watchers photos nearby
Report for Thornbury, South Gloucestershire
Reported by Mudge
Report for Bath, Bath and North East Somerset
Reported by Brass in the Braes
Report for Clevedon, North Somerset
Reported by craigmiddleton895
Report for Stapleton, Bristol
Reported by Poppy